If you are running Windows 11, and your Printer isn’t working (HP, Canon, Brother, Epson, or any other printer model), It may be due to many diverse details. Occasionally, your computer might have lost connection to the Printer due to software matters or a problem concerning the physical associates. It could be due to a driver matter or trendy or in the “print spooler.” Or it could be that you have sent the print job in the wrong direction to the Printer and other glitches.
No matter the problem, you can follow several ways to resolve the printing matter in Windows 11, from simple steps like resuming your devices and probing the physical connection to trying troubleshooting methods to reset the Printer’s spooler and then reinstalling the driver for your Device.
The following tutorial will show you numerous approaches for troubleshooting and deciding routine matters so you can print from scratch with Windows 11.
Fix the Printer Not Working on Windows 11
In Windows 11, you can identify and fix issues if the Printer isn’t working, regardless of the model (HP, Epson, Canon, Brother, etc.). To fix a printer, you can restart the Device, confirm the linking, set your default setting, launch an examination tool, or restart the Printer’s spooler and then install the Printer.
1. Restarting your printer method
Though deceptive to many, it’s frequently easy to overlook that turning off, separating the power source to the Printer, and turning the Device back on could resolve most recurrent glitches. For instance, when Windows 11 does not notice the USB printer, it abruptly becomes insensitive, or the Device becomes unobtainable.
After the Printer has resumed, it is conceivable to print once more. If your printer is not answering, reboot your computer, and try again. If the Printer does not answer your request, try another troubleshooting technique.
2. Checking connection method
If you own a USB printer, ensure your data cable is associated with the Printer and the computer. You could try releasing or reconnecting it. Moreover, you might favor other USB ports on the gadget.
Suppose it will be a wireless printing device assurance that the wireless function is on and functioning within the Printer. Try to conduct the wireless connectivity test on the Printer. The Printer should display a blue wireless icon to designate the connection. You might need to refer to the constructor of your Device for precise information.
If your knowledge matters in another wireless device, you might have to resume your Device or router to solve the matter with connectivity.
3. Configuring the default printer method
It may also be there are multiple printers on your computer, and you’re sending your print jobs on the Printer, which is the default that is not obtainable at your place of dwelling.
It is relaxed to resolve this matter by choosing the right Device during printing or changing your printer’s default settings.
To alter the printer defaults in Windows 11, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click to open Bluetooth and devices.
- Click on the tab for Printers & scanners tab.
- In “Printer preferences”, disable the “Let Windows manage my default printer” toggle switch.
- Select your printer in the drop-down menu.
- Press the set as default option.
After you have finished the steps, you can try to print another time.
If you’ve printed a print job to the incorrect Printer, you might also have to start the queue and then cancel any incomplete jobs before printing to the right Printer.
You can cancel the print task by going to Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers and scanners >> (your) Printer> Print queue open and then right-click on the print job then select the option to cancel.
4. Printers troubleshooting method
Windows 11 has many technicians or tools that perform various scripts to solve usually encountered matters automatically. After checking connections, you might want to start the “Printer” troubleshooter to resolve routine matters with the Printer’s settings and driver or matters that ascend after an update using a wireless printer, Printer, or USB printer.
For printer matters to be fixed using the troubleshooter option in Windows 11, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on the Troubleshoot tab.
- Select the Other troubleshooting setting.
- In “Printer”, under the “Most frequent” section, select the Run button to access the “Printer” troubleshooter.
- select the Printer (if appropriate).
- Click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen (if appropriate).
After you have accomplished the steps, the troubleshooter will run numerous scripts to fix the matter with printing.
5. Reset the printer Spooler method
A regularly encountered glitch with printing is when a print job gets behind in a queue, in which case trying to cancel the print isn’t occupied. If this happens, the matter is likely caused by the “print spooler,” which is the software that can send printing jobs to the Printer.
To overhaul the print spooler to keep printing in Windows 11, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Look up services.msc and click on the first result to open the console Services.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler service and select the Properties option.
- Select the tab, General.
- Hit the stop button.
- Make use of to use the Windows Key + R key grouping to start the Run command.
- Copy the following path into the folder for printers, then enter:
- Choose the button Continue (if you can).).
- Select everything in the “printers” folder (Ctrl + A keyboard shortcut) and then hit the delete button to remove the fillings.
- Then, on the “Printer Spooler Properties” page, Click on the General tab.
- Click Start to start the service again.
- Click OK.
After you have accomplished the steps, you can try printing a document a second time, and the Printer will be able to achieve as is projected.
6. Reinstall the printer method
If your printer isn’t functioning because of an injured or driver bug, you can fix the problem by uninstalling and installing the driver for your Printer.
To uninstall a printer from Windows 11, use these steps:
- Open Settings on Windows 11
- Hit to open Bluetooth and devices.
- Go to the page for printers & scanners page on the right.
- Open the Printer’s properties by selecting their properties.
- Click the button to remove it.
- Press the “Yes” button.
After completing the steps, you can delete the driver Windows 11.
Install printers automatically
To attach wireless printers to Windows 11, make sure the Printer is motorized up and is associated with your network, and then follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Press on Bluetooth & Devices.
- Click on the printers & scanners page to the right.
- Press the “Add a printer or scanner” button.
- Select Add Device to connect the wireless Printer on Windows 11.
When you’ve accomplished all the essential steps, Windows 11 will automatically install your wireless Printer. You can review this guide for additional ways to set up a wireless printer on your PC.
Install the Printer by hand.
If it is a USB printer, eliminate and reconnect your USB cable to pledge the installation once you have detached the driver.
If Windows 11 fails to find the Printer, you might necessitate manual installation by following these steps:
1. Click on the “Add Manually” option for the “The printer I want isn’t listed” option.
- Choose the option “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” option.
- Click Next.
- Utilize your “Device type” drop-down menu and choose an Autodetect choice.
- Select to see if you can select the “Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use” option.
- Check your Printer’s IP address (for instance, 192.168.2.122).
- Press Next to install the wireless Printer in Windows 11.
- Click Next.
- Choose “Share this printer” and click the “Do not share this printer” option.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) (Optional) “Print a test page” button to test your printer connection.
- Press the finish button.
Once you have accomplished the steps, you can begin printing using your desktop or laptop computer.
Suppose this technique doesn’t solve the problem, and the problem is due to your printer’s driver. In that case, it is conceivable to eliminate and uninstall this driver from your computer before trying to install the Printer again.
If the matter is exposed after an update to a system or driver, rolling back to the older driver can resolve the matter or take out the most current version of the system. Consecutively, you could try installing an older version of the driver.