Users who tried upgrading to Windows 11 and failed now have an exclusive problem with their printer. When printing pdfs, error code 0x00000077, the operation was incomplete, and the job did not flourish. This fault arises when you run the Test print. Moreover, this matter can be seen in mainstream users using Windows 10 or 11.
The full error message is similar to “Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000077), The system does not care the command requested.”. This problem is frequently due to matters with the driver for the printer or registry entrances that are not precise and glitches in Windows updates, and a wicked connection between computer or laptop.
Printer Error 0x00000077 in Windows 11 or 10
Here is how to fix printer Error 0x00000077 in Windows 11 or 10 –
- Reinstall the Driver
The main cause for this printer matter is a driver, which in most cases is imperfect or outdated. The genuine drivers could be updated or reinstated using Windows’ default Windows tool, known as the administration instrument Device Manager. Though several third-party applications privilege to achieve the same function in a less complex method, in my view, it is finest to stay clear of them until they aren’t compulsory. The Device Manager is ahead of the other programs for the update or reinstall procedure. Follow the steps below –
- Select the Windows as well as the X keys.
- Choose – Device Manager.
- When the tool is in use, look for the printer device causing glitches.
- If you cannot locate it, click “View.”
- In the menu dropdown, choose from the dropdown menu,
- Then, go to the printer, and double-click it.
- Right-click on the exaggerated Device.
- Select to uninstall the Device.
- when the pop-up appears, prompting you to check the box, do not uncheck it.
- Select Uninstall.
- Start your PC.
- Print and check whether the error is still there. If it does, then try the next step.
- Update your Printer Driver
An Outdated driver is another of the main reasons for printer errors 00000077 on Windows 11 and 10 as well. Since the driver is outdated, the driver software is crooked or inappropriate. In its place of functioning, the Device begins to cause struggles with other elements of your system. When you try to print a document or pdf, the driver does not permit it to work, and Windows will toss an error code. Therefore, to solve the matter with your network printer, it is essential to upgrade the driver by following the following steps:
- Right-click on the Start.
- Select- Run.
- Type the following command: devmgmt.msc.
- Hit Enter.
- Double-click the printer to display the items that are underneath it.
- Make sure you are on the precise Device and click right-click.
- Choose Update driver.
- When a window opens, then click Install the most appropriate driver automatically.
- Twitch the computer.
- Print and see if your efforts are fruitful.
- Detach and reconnect the cords
Sometimes, incorrect or loose cords can avert the printer from working appropriately and cause an error to show up. Before looking for explanations, it is important to check the cable that attaches the printer to your PC. It is better to take it off and substitute it correctly. Also, make sure you check the connection between the printer and the electronic board and make sure that it’s flawlessly associated. Once you have checked it, restart the printer, print the PDF, and check if the problem has been determined.
- Remove the installed Printer software from everywhere in the system.
Each printer from the producer offers software that must be installed to function the printer proficiently. Moreover, the same software is also obtainable in Microsoft Store that can better work when used with Windows 10 and 11. It is recommended to use the Microsoft Store app instead of third-party printer software for a more well-organized printing involvement. To do this, you must eliminate the application from all places on the system. You can do this by following the steps below –
- Choose the Search button in the menu bar.
- Type Control.
- Once the Control panel is open, you can view the small or large icons.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- The Devices and Printers window looks for your printer in the Devices and Printers window.
- If you see it listed, you can right-click it.
- Select Delete or Remove Device.
- Then hit “Windows Key and R.”
- Type printui.exe or s.
- Click OK.
- Click on and click on the Drivers tab.
- Search for the Drive for the printer.
- If you spot it, click it and then choose to remove it from the lower.
- Select – OK.
- Eliminate every incidence of the identical.
- Select “Apply,” then Click OK in the Printer Server Properties windows.
- Exit Devices and Printers.
- Restart your computer.
- Download the official app from Microsoft Store
You must use the app obtainable in the store in its place of the program to get superior presentation and to evade any matters. Follow these steps and then install the app.
- Press Winkey+R.
- Use appwiz.cpl.
- If the Programs and Features window seems to be, locate the printer program.
- Right-click the application.
- Choose – Uninstall.
- Merely click Yes at the quick for verification and follow the orders displayed on the screen until the application has been entirely deleted.
- Then, click the Start button.
- Choose – Microsoft Store.
- On the Search Bar, enter the number of the printer you own.
- Choose the right outcome.
- Select to Get button or install, which will open.
- Let the app download and install, then open it.
- Connect the printer via the application.
- Verify that the printing process is going as planned or if errors are displayed.
- Remove recently installed Windows update.
Windows update is a key reason for printer issues on Windows 10 and 11. Printnightmare is a bug that harshly affected the print jobs of many users using Windows 10. In this respect, we have covered frequent posts and written solutions. fix the Printer Error 0x0000052e the KB5006738 for Windows 10, Fix Printer Error 0x0000011b the KB5005565 on Windows 10 and Dose Printer Error 0x00000709 and 0x0000011b for KB5006670 in Windows 10.
Thus, if a printer error 0x00000077 happens, it could be a defective Windows update producing the matter. This is where you need to regulate that a particular Windows update is the cause of the problem. To do this, you must remember when the matter started, whether Windows had previously installed an update or not. If so, look through the Windows Update history and be certain. After that, you can uninstall your Windows update, and your matter with your printer is secure. Follow the commands to complete the process –
- Click on Search.
- Type updates.
- Hit Enter.
- Once the Settings app opens, When it loads, select View Update History.
- On The next screen, carefully review the dates for Windows updates listed. If an update is installed close to you and before the appearance of the error, take note of the KB number.
- Scroll upwards and then move up to the very top.
- Select Uninstall the updates.
- If you’re in a different window, choose that number.
- Click on Uninstall.
- If a confirmation pop-up displays, click Yes.
- It is possible that the error won’t be a problem now.
- Check for Windows updates and install
Like every other company, Microsoft is conscious of difficulties that may affect an irresistible number of users or are caused by an unconfident Windows update. Once the problem is recognized, the company passes it on to a Windows professional or group of engineers to come up with an answer. Once they’ve submitted the solution, Microsoft issues an update you must install. When the process cannot be finished (error code 0x00000077) happens, there is the chance that the patch was already unconfined and you have to install it. Therefore, follow the next steps:
- Use the Windows as well as the I key in tandem.
- Choose – Update & Security.
- Then, select “Check for updates” on the following page.
- Let the system download the updates if they are there is a waiting.
- When you are obtainable with a prompt, click Restart directly.
- Error code 0x00000077 in the printer must be addressed directly.