When you attempt to print a document on your Windows 11 PC, you may see printer error codes 0x000006e4. Numerous motives exist for this fault, such as buggy updates, tarnished Printer Drivers, etc. Also, an error will happen if the Network Printer name or path is incorrect. The malfunction in the Printer Spooler service can also be the reason for the error; however, that can be secured by resuming the Service itself. So, make sure the name/path is precise when attaching a Network Printer.
If you are a Windows 11 user and incapable of using the Printer, do not worry. Here we will deliberate how you can fix “Windows cannot connect to the printer, Error Code 0x000006e4” on your Windows 11 PC.
This problem is extensive, judging by the number of people talking about it online.
Luckily, many feasible fixes have resulted from all of these deliberations about Microsoft’s incapability to fix one thing without flouting another.
Here’s a list of approaches that other exaggerated users have effectively used to fix the 0x000006e4 printer error on Windows 11.
How to Fix Error 0x000006e4 in Windows 11
1. Install hotfix via Windows Update
Since Microsoft previously recognized that it’s working on a hotfix to fix the issuer transported about by the KB5007247, the first thing you should do when troubleshooting this problem is see if the hotfix is waiting to get installed.
If you have any undecided updates waiting to get installed, and one of them is an increasing update, probabilities are one of the matters spoken is the 0x000006e4 (RPC_S_CANNOT_SUPPORT) error.
Note: Even when Microsoft is prepared to issue this hotfix, the updating will be touched upon sections, so don’t suppose to get your prompt to update directly after MS proclaims it.
Follow the commands underneath for step-by-step directions on installing the hotfix and safeguarding that you’re using the latest obtainable build for Windows 11.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open up a Run dialog box by hitting the Windows key + R. Next, type ‘ms-settings: windows update and hit Enter to open up the Windows Update page of the Settings menu.
- Once you’re inside the Windows Update screen, go over to the right-hand section of the screen and click on Download Now if any new updates are accessible.
- Once the download is complete, click on Install Now in circumstances the installation doesn’t start mechanically.
- If the hotfix is effectively installed and you’re not encouraged to resume, do so physically.
- After your PC boots back up, try to attach your Windows 11 PC to the network printer again and see if the problem is immovable.
2. Uninstall Buggy Updates
A buggy update is one of the most mutual matters. So, we have to uninstall them. Formerly doing anything, you need to halt automatic updates in Windows 11. It will avoid the re-establishment of the update that you will erase. Here’s how you can eradicate the updates in Windows 11,
- Open the Settings app using Win + I key.
- Head to the trail: Windows Update> Update History > Uninstall updates.
- Classify the buggy patch (Search on the Internet for the latest buggy patch)
- Right-click on the patch and choose to uninstall.
For Windows 10, start the settings app and then head over to the path: Tap on Updates & Security> Windows Update > View update history > Uninstall Updates
- After finishing that, you need to resume the PC.
3: Through Printer Troubleshooter
You need to start Printer Troubleshooter and check whether the matter has been secure. To do that, initially, use Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command.
After convincing the procedure, Error Code 0x0000007c or 0x000006e4 may be committed.
4. Restart Printer Spooler
The error may happen because of the Printer Spooler service. So, you must resume the Service, but first, pure out all its content.
Launch File Explorer and go to the resulting location:
- C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3 (For 64-bit OS)
- C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86\3 (For 32-bit OS)
Now, could you cut and paste its content as a backup?
From the Start Menu, Open Services> Printer Spooler> Select Resume.
After restarting your PC, check if the fault is fixed.
5. Reinstall Printer Driver
If the matter concerns a tainted printer driver, you must reinstall the Printer Driver to fix the glitch. To do this:
Open Command Prompt and perform the underneath command line.
printui.exe /s /t2
A list of installed printer drivers will be displayed.
Explore the printer driver you want to reinstall and eliminate by clicking Remove.
Once you distinguish your printer driver, then trail the below steps:
- Go to Device Manager (Use Win + X > Device Manager)
- Now Increase Printer queues.
- Right-click on your Printer Driver and then select Uninstall device.
- Once the uninstallation procedure is finished, right-click on printer queues and tap Scan for hardware variations.
6. Remove the printer package via Print Management
If you’re handling your Printer via Print Management, the extra thing you should try is to eradicate the printer package from the value before making the joining once again.
This will be operative in those cases where the glitch only started to happen after more PCs were added to the local network that were all using a similar printer server.
Follow the commands underneath to eliminate the printer package via Print Management briefly.
Note: The commands below should work on each current Windows version where the Print Management usefulness exists.
- Press Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box. Next, type’ printmanagement.msc’ inside the text box, then hit Enter to open the Print Management usefulness.
- Conditional on your UAC (User Account Control) settings, you might be encouraged to allow admin entry. If this happens, click Yes at the speed.
- Inside the Print Management Utility, entree your existing Print server from the menu on the left, then double-click on Printers from the vital plane.
- Next, right-click on the Printer that gives you plights from the dominant pane and select Delete from the background menu.
- Click Delete once again at the validation prompt to apply the deletion of the printing package.
- Restart your PC and reinstall your printer once the next startup is broad.